Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What... Who and Why?

What am I?
Who am I?
Am I a man,
trapped in his childhood dreams?

Or a boy,
who wanted more?
Isn't it nice?
Or am I bad?

Maybe my dreams were gone,
my life's a breeze
but when did it start?
Where will it takes me?

An infant, maybe I am
An infant crying in the night...
An infant seeking for the light,
with no language but a cry...

Confused, maybe I am...
Lost, I am today...
I wish I find myself,
For I cried more than I can...


Author's Note: 

Sometimes in our life we feel lost, yes I know don't take each words and stanza's literally. Do you ever come to a point that you feel like you don’t know what to do? I even came to the point that I ask myself what I would do next, where should I go, is this right place or position that I should be in?

Right after graduating from college, I am idealistic that I would go to an engineering company probably a Semicon one, or the largest telecoms company or a TV Station I’d rather say that I am closed minded then.

After being in various interviews in Laguna and being offered provincial rates, I began to turning down calls for an interview and job offers. Then after a month or two I’ve been stuck in my room sleeping all day and doing nothing. My dad confronted me and told me I send you to college to have a job after and not sleep all day and look pathetic. Yeah! My dad said that straight to my face, oozing with teenage hormonal rage I left home and moved to my cousin’s house. Still doesn’t have a job and a perfect getaway plan. That was January 1st, right after New Year’s Eve. With a little help from my friends, by the way thanks to them. You really would know who your friends really are in times like these trust me I’ve been through the other side and came back not just with a few cuts and bruises and bumps from here there and everywhere.

To make the story short, now I have a job, a life, a family who loves me. Yes, I move back in. I realized that my dad is right and if it’s not into him I wouldn’t be what I am today, tough love you might call it. But some birds and animal species let their young drift into nothingness and wait if they will survive it or not.

Yes I may not know what I wanted until now, but I’m getting the idea of what should and where should I be little by little one step at a time...

No comments: