Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Friend

An angel in disguise
a gift that has no price
a friend and a believer
all these things you can offer

No more, nothing less
a confidant even in distress
you're always there to make me happy
especially those times when I'm so lonely

Good advices come from you
in times when I feel blue
you know lots of my secrets
but to me there's no regret

Eventually you are a friend
all my good, even the bad times together we spend
you listen when I speak
and watch as I do some tricks

Long and lasting I wish our friendship would be
at times you can see in me
you'll always be there whenever I need you
assure me that you will never say "no"

A
family you are indeed
to a stranger who is in need
I'm so grateful, I found a sister in you
'cause now, I see my world in colours of changing hue


Author’s Note:

Do you remember when we were little and was in kindergarten, we’re not that eager to let go of our mother’s or father’s hand just to be left in a strange world we even cry or act up like we have the worst tantrum of our lives. Then again we’re just kids we have to do what our parent’s think that is best for us, I’m not saying that learning how to read and write is a bad thing for us I know what you are thinking (wicked smile).

Going back to being in that same exact position, is it funny how you can sit beside a stranger. Smile a little and after ten to fifteen minutes you are sharing all your things and telling endless stories and jokes between the two of you. You got your bestfriend, I met mine when I was in college though. A late bloomer I might be (just kidding), I met her on the toughest stage of my life COLLEGE!

We all have a share of our bestfriend stories, this is one of mine. If you only have two pesos left in your pocket and you are one or two fare away from home what would you do?

This one happened to me, I don’t remember where I came from but I still remember the two peso coins I have that day. It wasn’t raining and I am not soaking wet, hungry yes I am that time (those kinds of things might happen to the movies and on some exceptions on someone else’s life). I don’t have a cellphone yet by that time; I don’t know what to do, hungry, tired and broke. I went to the nearest payphone and dialled the only number that I know, my best friend. I pour everything that happened to me, without even a second thought she told me to stay in Booksale (a place we always hangout since we’re both fond of reading books one of our best shared interests).

I waited for her and when she came, she’s like an apparition (laughs), I didn’t think someone would be there for me in times like that. We ate and laugh about everything before we went home and it was the most memorable experience I had with her aside from watching a movie eating chocolate flavored brownies in the dark I can’t even remember how we managed that. For all the laughter’s and smiles THANKS!

How about you I would like to hear about your most memorable bestfriend experience ever? Please try to put one on the comments page...

(This is a poem I wrote for my bestfriend I know I'm not always visible but whenever we see each other the old warmth will always be there... Until our next meeting Angela Perez, now you can always read this one whenever you want to)

No comments: