Sunday, August 21, 2011

Friends by Faith


Good things always come and go
Even if we say “no...”
The grief of losing will come for sure
The pain alone I have to cure


Refreshing thoughts from you I hear
Breaking my silence loud and clear
A gift from God for I am blue
You changed my sadness to colours of hue


As time goes by I still believe
That you’re always there and never will leave
To cheer me up through all the tide
And give me will to pursue what is right


Call me then if you’re in need
With all my heart I will do plead
Together we’ll face the odd as one
Hand in hand, side by side until they’re gone


Everything we’ve done were great
Our hunger for once was sate
I’m so grateful that God is great
For being friends, for once our fate...


Author’s Note:


All the happy memories, all the good parts in life will end eventually. This is one of the bitter realities of life. Even if we hold on to that moment to keep if there that same moment, that very moment will never be there again. There’s a song that goes like this “If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I have to do is save everyday just to spend it again with you”.

Well saying goodbye is always hard, whenever I’m with my friends spending the day whether in the malls or in a coffee shop we would laugh and talk about everything even if it’s not that funny or we have shared that very same joke before. It’s amusing how that very same joke that we’ve shared for like how many times never loses the punch line and the laugh out loud factor. We’ll wrap out things up and will decide to go home but we will still spend like one to two hours talking, chatting and laughing even if there’s like twenty to fifty vehicles that pass by going to each and everyone’s route home. This proves that time passes by faster when you are having fun and it’s really hard to let go and say goodbye whenever you are in that very same situation (who wouldn’t agree? Right?)

We may never freeze time or the scenes in our lives especially the once we love the most but the thought, the excitement and the fun we had will always be etched in our minds. We may always dig it up and remember it, that very same laugh, jokes and fun will always remain right there especially if you have a close connection and a vivid memory of the said, day or events.

These memories were there for us to look back, and look forward to in the near future, have a great week ahead dear readers and keep on building and keeping good memories—

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting short piece here. Namaste.

Dom said...

Thanks Matt, I like your style too. By the way where did you get those pictures that you post with your poem? Are you in painting and photography too? Nice to hear from you and thanks for checking my blog :D

ShonEjai said...

I am so impressed by your poetry! I am going to make your blog part of my reading list. I plan on checking you out often. Kudos! :0)

Dom said...

@ShinEjai: Thanks for the compliments I'm checking out your blog too and the pictures that you have nice photography skills you got there :D

Dom said...

I stand corrected ShonEjai rather :D

Anonymous said...

Dom, all the pictures/sketches/paintings that accompany my poems on my blog are created and/or taken by me. I'll definitely keep my eye on your blog. I post pretty regularly on my own so feel free to stop back by- I try to cover as much ground as possible, so there's always something going on. Namaste.

Dom said...

@Matt: That's so cool, haha I'd try to post some of my artworks too... though some of it I don't have any copy anymore :) I gave it out as gifts. Kepp reading, I'll be checking out your blog too Thanks!