Monday, August 8, 2011

Theme Song

You live a life of music
Each day filled with lyrics
Each step full of rhyme
Each walk seems just fine

You live a life
You choose a song
You live with it
You sing along

No matter how fast or slow
No matter how high or low
You show them all
You bring it on

Life may challenge you
Life may favor you
But on each scenario
There's a perfect song

A song to describe it all
And lyrics to tell it all
A rhyme that fits
A note that should be hit

This day...
This very day...
One song...
This very song...

Will fit...
Will sink...
Will be heard...
Will always play...

Author’s Note:

It’s not just in the movies that we can hear music in the background of every events or good things that are happening. Even in your ordinary life you can hear music playing, like when you wake up in the morning and you don’t feel like doing anything which of course a lot of us can relate. The perfect song is Bruno Mars’ Lazy Song with its laid back and relaxing tempo. Or when you feel like you just wanted to sing out loud and tell your love ones that you love them you can sing whichever love song you want to sing.

Music is one of the universal language that even a child can comprehend, I remember my brother who would never stop crying when the Titanic theme song is being played. As if on cue when the stanza where Celine Dion would belt out the line “When you’re here there’s nothing I fear and I know that my heart will go on and on...”

He’s just one year old by then but he’s into the music and feeling it, sometimes we are too busy that we miss a lot of things happening around us. I the song Imagine would really fill in, when I am running late and on the verge of not making it on time. I can hear fast songs running in my mind, one is Pink’s Just Like a Pill where I can run as fast as I could in the middle of nowhere (laughs).

For people on crossroads and who are in the midst of problems and stuff that life brings, I would suggests the songs One More by Superchicks, Crushed and Created by Caitlyn Smith, I Turn to You by Christina Aguilera and I Can Make it Through the Rain by Mariah Carey. There’s a lot of music that best describes each and every experiences that we encountered in life as we move forward. Maybe you should start thinking and suggest songs that you feel like listening whenever you encountered something that is just like in the movies.

Remember somethings from the movies might happen in real life and it’s really nice to sooner or later look back and reminisce about those things while listening to songs that best describes it.

(This is for my best buddy Abraham Daracen, I know you can relate to this. The story behind is when I saw you post the links of the songs you heard as you go on with life... Graduation... The song you and your mom sing together... First break up song... A lot of things describe you... A lot of songs composed who you are today and for that I made this for you... Belated Happy birthday Buddy!! Until we meet again...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this poem is great, it describes the life of everyone, rich or poor , ordinary or sophisticated human being or whatever their status in life, aside from it mirrors also that every person are all the same, facing the same problems every day but then each of them have their own way of facing it...

Can you write me a poem about a girl that i've describe to you..

thank you....GOOD LUCK ... DOM RULES ...

Dom said...

Thanks! And I like your interpretation of the poem, it's for people like you that I write poems for. About the request, I'll try do do it and have it posted here. Don't worry everything would be anonymous as requested. You can share her the link and I hope the poem can convey the feelings that you have and the experiences that you had with that girl. I hope that when she read it, she'll knew or she'll have a hint that it was her without even mentioning her name. :D Thanks and good luck!