Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunset

Sunset in the Forest by Don Ver Olvez



It’s been awhile
Maybe I’ve been busy
I’m so pre-occupied,
Of what’s happening to me


In my life,
In my very soul
I feel so hollow
I’m so consumed


I didn’t see the beauty
And the wonderful world
Outside, out there
That is waiting for me


I’m a lost soul
Trapped in a forest
In a maze of questions,
And crossroads of decisions


I struggle, I fight
I’ve been searching for the light
But then again
I think I failed


The sun is setting
When I get there
Angry and down
I felt cheated


But just when
I’m about to cry
Just when I rest my case
Something happened


I saw shining lights
Dancing red and orange light
Weaving its way
Through the parting light


Of day and night
Of sunshine and rain
The sun is setting
What a beautiful day


The grace of the sunrays
 The dancing of lights
Telling me goodbye and see you again
That’s the beauty of sunset –



Author’s Note:

The poem is about a person too pre-occupied with the challenges and the things that life brings to him, this is what I’ve seen in the painting. He struggled and fight as much as he can with life, he deals with everything and almost forgot that there’s life outside waiting for him.

In some ways I consider myself one and who wouldn’t be (I can see a nod over there). We might feel lost and tangled in a maze where we don’t know where the way out is. We might be missing something though how hard we try we seem lost, obscured from what might be waiting for us. In the long run we came to the point wherein we might see the light but it’s too late. Sometimes it’s not just the light that’s important. The poem depicts how we oversee the beauty of the other things, life is a window. It depends on which part of the window you are standing and looking at.

Sunset doesn’t mean the end of the day, it also tells us to stop, look and listen. In our busy life we forget to look the beauty that the sunset might bring. It’s not just the end; it’s just the beginning of another day. The sun sets in the west for it will be back to greet us and offer something new tomorrow as it rise.

So as much as you love sunrise you should also love the serenity and beauty of sunset, maybe this would be a start of a sunset watching habit for some of us.

(This is the first time I incorporated poetry and painting in my blog, it’s not that I’m doing this blog thing for a long time now. I’m doing this blog for like a month now. And I guess that the turnout is good enough for I gathered some regular readers and members of the blog. So I’m bringing you guys something different, this is a painting done by a friend of mine (I met him online and I’ve known him by the name Kerriganx a fatal rogue in the the realm of Bloodcraft). Yes, we online gamers have talents too (laughs).)

For the Painter’s Profile:

Don is a nature lover residing in Surigao where a lot of trees grow (now I know where the inspiration came from), as I’ve said earlier he’s been into online gaming while he’s having his time off from his busy and demanding career in the engineering field. He believes that God is always there to guide us through all the years we’ve been here. It’s been a while since he got back to his passion for the paint and brush but it seems that his skill never fades and we’ll be expecting more soon.

See attached image for the painting you can download and get a postcard type image on one of the images below:








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice blog and painting. :) /cheer

Jimson said...

Great blog. Very artistic. :) Keep it up. The meaning of life. Thumbs up for this one

dvolvez said...

thanks!

ShonEjai said...

Your blog is very nice blog. I see you are new to blogging like me. Thank you for stopping by my blog at www.picture-speak.com. Your art and your words are beautiful and have actually help inspire me. :)

Dom said...

That wasn't my artwork, it's from a friend of mine. I like the way you use photoshop :D Actually I really like the squirrel thing that you did. Thanks for stopping by, I'll be adding some posts this coming saturday or friday night.

AMINA said...

I like the concept very much of your poem, though you should stay in one tense throughout the entire poem. Even your explanation of the poetry isn't in the same tense. It should always be in unison. Great job other than that. Looking forward to reading more of your works.

Dom said...

@Amina: Yes I also recognize that one, I'll work on it though. Thanks for dropping by :D Well everyday is a learning experience :D Thanks