Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Complicated


When people ask me
How are you?
I always answer its complicated
And they ask for more

When there's a math problem
And I can't solve it
My reason is always it's complicated
And I skip it and move on

When I see figures
Unidentified sketches
I stared, pause and sigh
‘Coz it's complicated

When I see you
Standing there
Looking at me
I want to scream why it's so complicated?!

It’s complicated
The way I feel
The way we are
And the way it would be—

Author’s Note:

If there’s something we don’t understand we just try to run away and pretend that nothing happened. Why is it that the tendencies for most of us when we encounter something we can’t explain we just let it be and when people ask why?

We just stare at them and make out signs and head nods telling them a big No... No... It is not just on questions like these that we are caught unguarded. We really just don’t deal with things that we can’t explain, we might know the answers but we really don’t want to know the consequences or the things that might come along with it.

I would rather say “It’s complicated”, than answer a question that might bring up more questions instead. We are tired of answering questions that we can’t explain even further, and by that we develop the one liner answer “It’s complicated” to drive away interrogators that we cross path with.



No comments: