Saturday, August 13, 2011

Simple Gestures

It’s strange how things work out
How one thing leads to another?
What crossroads will bring?
What will happen next?

How one smile leads to another?
How one nod leads to acceptance?
How from being strangers?
We’ve been good friends

It’s funny how you do it
To know what people think
By the way they move
Or by the way they talk

I’m amazed by how you deal
With what life brings
I adore the simple things
And simple gestures that you do

I like it when I’m with you
I love it when we’re together
I also cherish the times
I spend together with you

I hope that you stay the same
Even if I feel this way
For I enjoy your company
I hope you enjoy mine as well –

Author’s Note:

It’s so nice to know someone we didn’t expect that we’ll get along very well, anyways strangers could be friends too if you just let them in to your life. Great friendships start from scratch and it’s tested by time and sometimes in differences.

We are drawn to one person so much that we enjoy each and everything we do with them even if it’s just a conversation over a cup of coffee, a movie together, eating out chatting and laughing endlessly over non-sense things. We even laugh like there’s no tomorrow and there’s endless goodbyes before you leave each other and take your ride home.

Sometimes these simple things were unaware gestures of budding love for the said friend, which is not wrong at all. It’s good to love your friend and to care for them. It’s the two of you that have to decide whether or not you’ll take this love on a different scale or level just remember no matter what happen or whatever the two of you decide, don’t forget or set aside the foundation that the two of you built as friends.

(This is in response to the poem request of one of my reader, hope I got the story behind your budding friendship and I hope you get the courage to tell her what you feel. Besides you’ll never know if you’ll never try. Thanks and keep on reading...)

4 comments:

garp said...

likey.. :)

Dom said...

Thanks for the like... Hope you keep on reading my blog :D

Ishi said...

eto ba un?... kunwari ka pang request ng isang friend... hehe

Dom said...

This is real the request came from one of the readers :p Hahahaha!